- 7 p.m.
- Typically first Wednesday of each month
- Currently meeting in person meeting:
- Town Hall
25 Green St.
Ipswich, MA 01938
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Donald Galicki, Member (2022)
- Jay Stanbury, Member (2025)
- Norm Swanson, Member (2025)
- Royce Knowlton, Member (2023)
- Shendel Bakal (2025)
- Charlotte Kahn, Alternate (2023)
About the Agricultural Commission
Established in 2005, the Commission is comprised of five appointed members as well as three alternate members. If you are interested in serving on the Commission we invite you to attend one of our regular meetings, typically the first Wednesday of the month in the evening. You may also complete an online application to become a member of the Commission here: Town Of Ipswich Volunteer Committee Member Application
The mission of the Ipswich Agricultural Commission is to support and provide a voice for the significant agricultural community and resources of Ipswich. The Commission represents all forms of agriculture in town including: fruit, vegetable and other food crop growers, animal and dairy food providers, equine facilities, hay operations, florists, nurseries, and aquaculture.
The mission of the Commission is to:
- Act as a facilitator, advocate, and educator on farming issues
- Encourage the pursuit of agriculture and agriculturally based economic opportunities in Ipswich
- Promote and encourage farming as a vocation
- Provide representation for the farming community in town government and in the community
- Pursue all initiatives appropriate to creating a sustainable agricultural community in Ipswich
- Work with other town committees on issues that face the town
Contact the Commission
Contact the Agricultural Commission via email If you are:
- Interested in participating in the Commission and/or Commission activities
- Looking for information or support for any agricultural issue regarding: wildlife, local and state regulations, economic viability and opportunities, education and advocacy, estate planning, etc.
- Looking for support on an agricultural issue you are facing with the town or townspeople
Also of Interest:
Find Local Ipswich Farm Products and Offerings
This list of Ipswich Farms provides information about local agricultural offerings, farm locations, websites, etc. so you can find what you're looking for right here in Ipswich! And this map shows retail farms open to the public, as well as other active farms in town. We encourage you to support Ipswich farmers and shop local!
Drought Funding for Water Conservation Projects
Recognizing the hardship that farms throughout the Commonwealth have faced due to ongoing seasonal drought conditions, Governor Charlie Baker and Lieutenant Governor Karyn Polito have allocated funding for water conservation projects to be released through the Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources (MDAR). MDAR will administer grant funding through its Agricultural Environmental Enhancement Program (AEEP) for water conservation projects that help farms reduce their operational impact on the environment and better prepare for, and recover from severe drought. To learn more & to apply, click here.